Howgills House Facilities
Are you looking for a luxurious property for a group celebration? Howgills House offers a perfect country escape. Its location in the charming market town of Sedbergh straddles the Lakes and the Dales, so you can explore this outside playground until your heart is content. Or maybe just sit back and enjoy the two hot tubs in the garden, fast WiFi, smart TV, a play den, pizza oven, and breathtaking views.
Don't just take our word that Howgills House will leave you feeling charmed. The Sunday Times voted us as one of the top 20 celebration properties in the UK (July 2021).
- There are 12 en-suite bedrooms sleeping up to 28 guests. Three of the bedrooms offer a sofa bed too, which are perfect for families with children.
- Every bedroom is decorated differently and most rooms offer breathtaking views across rolling fields and fells. All bedrooms are en-suite and offer a mix of shower rooms or luxurious roll-top baths with showers.
- Bursting with space our House offers a large lounge with wooden floors, underfloor heating and windows flooding in light with views onto the garden. The lounge has double doors to our TV room where you can cosey up and throw another log on the fire. Upstairs there is our snug where you can curl up and read a book or where the kids can enjoy playing with our games and toys.
- Enjoy sitting down for a meal in our dining room that seats up to 24 people. There is additional dining space in the TV room or let us know in advance and we can provide you with trestle tables that can be set up across the lounge and TV room for larger groups.
- Our large commercial kitchen provides everything you'll need to whip up a feast. Or if you fancy a break, we work with a local chef who can be booked to provide a variety of culinary delights for you; from handmade pizzas on our pizza oven, tray bakes or three-course meals. Click here for more info.
-There's a drying room for all your kit and downstairs there is a washer and dryer. Please let us know if you would like complimentary high chairs or travel cots.
- Even though you'll be in rural heaven, you don't need to worry about not being able to connect with the outside world. We have B4RN wifi which is the world's fastest rural broadband.
- Outside, there is a gravel forecourt which provides parking for up to 15 cars.
- This leads to an astro turf area with gazebo, seating and our outside play den which we called 'Howgrills'. You can enjoy a beer whilst playing a games of darts or pool. Or cook up a feast on our pizza oven or BBQs.
- The two, six-seater hot tubs are snuggled under a canopy looking across glazed panels on to neighbouring fields. Modesty is not an issue as the only neighbour will be of the fluffy baa-ing variety! The hot tub area is clad with rustic wood panneling and offers a very Scandanavian feel. There's also a shower and an outside cubicled toilet.
Things to do
If you're looking for a treat for a special occasion we work with Activity Partners. Some activities can be delivered at our House, some at the field at our Barn and some in the local area. Duck herding, cocktail making, bouncy inflatables to name but a few!
Howgills House is positioned on the edge of Sedbergh. If you would like to walk into town we provide high visibility vests, head torches and maps as there isn't a pavement and the road can be busy.