Howgills Barn Civil Weddings
Your BIG day
Exchange your wedding vows and celebrate your special day at Howgills Barn, nestled in between the Lake District and Yorkshire Dales.
Enjoy transforming the 'blank canvas' of our Barn in to the country wedding you've always dreamed about. Your guests can enjoy uninterrupted views of the Howgill Fells and the 5 acres of grounds provide options for marquees, tipis and outside catering.
Our wedding package is for a 3 day hire of the Barn and it can accommodate up to 35 of your guests in 8 en-suite bedrooms. Our other accommodation; Howgills Apartments is only a short walk away and is a handy option for other wedding guests, who may not necessarily wish to stay on site. We work with the best local suppliers who will deliver a unique experience for you and your wedding guests.
We can facilitate smaller weddings and up to larger celebrations of 80 guests. There are three registered areas within the Barn
- inside the main Barn hall which seats about 80-90 for the civil ceremony.
- outside under the glazed gazebo with two adjoining marquees
- in our tractor shed which is a 'rustic' auditorium
We are a registered civil wedding venue with Carlisle Registry Office and more details can be found at
Why your wedding is special with us
- we provide affordable onsite accommodation for your guests, at the Barn and at our nearby Apartments
- we don't charge any corkage fees
- complete flexibility with catering. You choose a supplier of your choice and past guests have enjoyed vintage afternoon teas, hog roasts and a BBQ!
- our aim is to hold a couple of weddings a year, as our core business is holidays. We are not 'churning out' weddings, day in, day out where you could possibly become 'just another wedding' or 'just another customer'. Our weddings are very special and we work closely with our bride and grooms as we genuinely care that your day is exactly how you want it to be.
We have one wedding C0-Ordinator (Dawn) who will work with you throughout the planning stages whilst you explore themes and wedding ideas. Dawn will be in attendance during the wedding ceremony, to make sure everything runs to plan. If you would like any additional support throughout the day/evening; this can be arranged.